Monday, August 17, 2009

Seeing the Good in Difficult Circumstances

For the last three months, my family has been struggling with my father's declining health. As my family rallied around my father, I let everything non-essential fall by the wayside: my blog, my web site, even my coaching. In times of crisis, there is nothing more important than family. The moments I've spent with my father over the last few months have been some of the best of my life, and I am thankful for them.

Many of you have lost your jobs in the recent months: a very scary thing. But in the midst of it, I hope you remembered that there are people in your lives who are there to help you. You don't have to go it alone.

I've jokingly said that I have 13 cousins and close friends who would take me in if need be. My jesting was not far from the truth. If need be, I could turn to them for help, or to the church, or to other caring individuals in my life.

How I deal with my troubles is all up to me, not to others. I've lost my job three times, and in each one, I've found blessings far beyond what I would have realized had I not been challenged. Difficulties may not be easy, but they're hardly the end of the world. I've chosen to see the good in my challenges, and I hope you will, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment