Friday, April 19, 2013

Living to 107

I plan to live to be at least 107 years old. Why 107? Well, on June 1st, I'll be halfway there, and this impending milestone got me thinking about what I want to do with the second half I've my life.

I think I have plenty of options, but here are the ones that really intrigue me. What do you think?

Option #1: Continue to work as a trade show marketer in corporate America, stay involved in the trade show and events industry through EXHIBITOR learning events and advising Certified Trade Show Marketer (CTSM) candidates, and help others find work in my spare time.

Option #2: Go out on my own as a trade show consultant and booth staff trainer and continue my part-time support of the trade show and events industry and unemployed colleagues.

Option #3: Make the support of others in their job search efforts a full-time business by starting my own recruiting and career support business to help trade show and events professionals find employment.

If you're having similar thoughts about your life, no matter what your age, I'd like to hear from you. As Richard J. Leider and David A. Shapiro write, in repacking your bags, it's time to "lighten your load for the rest of your life,"or at least shift a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment